Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sad News


I just found out that an amazing cancer warrior has died. Leroy Sievers. I have a link to the left of the website under sites I go to daily, under My Cancer Blog, its npr.org/mycancer. If you would like to read a wonderful article about Leroy and his passing....click on the first blue highlighted area on the August 16th post, it will bring you to the article.

I loved reading Leroys' thoughts and honesty with how he felt and what he was going through.

The comments people left, including myself, were very moving at times, funny and helpful for my journey.

I don't think I know of a tougher cancer warrior than Leroy, ( i didnt know him personally but felt like i did due to his wonderful writing), he didn't want that cancer to take over and went through so many procedures, experimental and otherwise to help do that.

He was told he had a couple months to live after his cancer returned but he lived 2 1/2 more years.

I believe his fight and journey has helped a huge amount of people that either know of someone who has cancer or they are in the cancer world.

You'll be missed Leroy!

Rest in peace .......and kick some butt on the other side for us here, Leroy, help find a cure!

No comments: