Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sleep

I am reminded how much sleep is important to a persons well being.

Since my surgery I have not been able to sleep through the night. I wake up with hot flashes or just wake up for no apparent reason. I know that menopausal women have these problems sometimes and it usually gets better....(having hot flash now....) but i'm not feeling especially patient about all this. Every day that goes by where I lose sleep I notice my mind slowing down, my reaction time is off, I become a klutz.

My patience gets smaller and my emotions bubble up. So when men or anyone else make fun of menopausal women being a bit crazy, there is some truth to that. If you were suddenly not getting enough sleep day to day, having hot flashes every 20 minutes, hormones doing their dance, you'd be a bit nuts too.

So to all the menopausal women out there, " I feel your pain and honor you!"

Ok, so.......

Super Bowl today.

My father used to take me to games when i was little. I've been hooked on the Patriots forever. I know its a violent game with so much politics involved but I still love it! Maybe its where i can get in touch with that primal side of myself ? Let loose and be one of the guys for a day. In any case I love to watch the Patriots, and this is the year of all years! Undefeated! I just hope they can finish that streak on a high note!

Go Patriots and go Tedy Bruschi!!! My man!!!!!

No comments: