Friday, September 14, 2007

Day Seventeen

Posting a bit late....

Walked to the hospital yesterday. Mr A was back to visit. Apparently he was busy volunteering elsewhere. He works at a lodge-like place, answering calls and running the place from time to time. Mr A is about 85 years old or older I found out. Still drives and very active for his age and what he's been through. He told me another story. One time he got a call from one of the nurses at the hospital, they told him that there was a lady that refused to go into the chamber for her treatments. She needed to speak with Mr A first. He drove into the hospital and about 25 minutes later arrived there. He had never met her before. She told him that a friend of hers told her that Mr A would answer any questions she had and he would ease her worries about it all. So he consoled her and told her things would be ok and so on....she then went in for her treatment. So sweet. He really does have an effect on people. I had told him i was worried about him and it was good to see him back.

Theres a new guy getting treatments right before me. I'm not the first one of the day anymore. He'll be getting treatments after i'm finished with mine.

I'm starting to get shooting pains in the area thats being treated now. The itching has started too. I'll have to get some ointment for that as well. Its that itching that you cant scratch and drives you nuts. The more you think about it the worse it feels.

I couldnt make it to the community center yesterday, not feeling well at all. I rested most of the afternoon.

I'm half way there now!

Only 16 more to go!

No comments: